The neighborhood of El Camino Village is small community encompassing a pocket of both Lawndale and Gardena. Frankly speaking it’s somewhat made up but it has definitely made a difference when it comes to property values. Unlike some of the other nearby areas of Lawndale and Gardena, El Camino Village has a more neighborhood feel with mostly one story single family homes on nice tree lined streets. There are only a very limited number of apartment buildings, duplexes, commercial etc. giving it a very upscale feel. See the current homes for sale in El Camino Village.
So How Much Of a Difference Does it Make?
The numbers paint a pretty compelling picture. The homes in El Camino Village sell for far more money, hold their values better, are well higher price per foot and sell much quicker. Oh what a difference a few blocks can make.
El Camino Village (Lawndale Section)
- 15 home sales in 2018
- The average home price was $663,700 and median sold price was $645,000
- Average price per square foot of $499.61 and median was $519.26
- Days on market average 15 and median of 9 days on market
All of Lawndale (excluding EC Village)
- 115 home sales
- The average sales price of $521,728 and a median sales price of $520,000.
- Average price per foot was $416.83 and median of $391.00.
- Average days on market of 41 and median days on market of 20.
Single family homes in Lawndale (excluding EC Village)
- 60 home sales
- The average sales price of $673,946 and a median sales price of $560,000
- Average price per foot was $469.56 and median was $467.34
- Average days on market was 49 and median days on market was 26
See the same report for Gardena compared with the Gardena section of El Camino Village